Thursday, November 5, 2009

Elizabeth didn't go to school today. They had a field trip and most of the trips are not appropriate for her. Besides, they went to the dairy farm again and Elizabeth went last year. Her favorite part was riding around in the little tram.

With her brother at the babysitter's house, she has had quiet all day long. She loves that. But with just her and I in the house it is too quiet for me. Just a huge reminder that I have yet to interact with my daughter in a conversation. I have not heard a spontaneous "Mommy!" from her lips. And I have no idea what she is thinking when she stares up into the sky for 5 solid minutes. Almost nine years now of changing diapers, trying to keep her from putting things in her mouth, having nightmares about her total lack of awareness of any danger and what I want the most is to hear her speak. Even just once.


P.S. Thanks Kiva <3

No comments:

Post a Comment